What’s On at our Caravan Park near Horsham, West Sussex…
You can see below that there are many activities you can do and places you can visit when staying at Honeybridge Park near Horsham. Our camping and caravan park is based in Dial Post in West Sussex, which is also close to Worthing, Steyning and the South Downs.
On Site Activities
Honey pot cafe
Coffee morning every Tuesday at 11.00am
Please contact Pauline either via text or Facebook.
Kids Halloween Party
Pauline (who runs the shop/cafe) arranges a special kids Halloween Party with costumes, games and trick and treating.
Half Term Fun
Half Term Kids Activities
Things to see and do in the surrounding area
Local attractions include:
- Southwater Country Park
- Fishers Farm
- The Bluebell Railway
- The Weald & Downland Open Air Museum
- Arundel Castle (pictured above) and Arundel Wetland Centre
- Amberley Working Museum
- Shipley Windmill
- Cissbury Ring or the Devil’s Dyke
- St Mary’s House at Bramber and the Castle ruins
- South Downs Way
- Goodwood Motor Racing Circuit
- 22 local golf courses
Ideally situated for touring, convenient not only for the South Coast resorts, The South Downs and Ferry Ports but also for London and the theme parks which are also ideally located one hour away. We are also a perfect stopping off point to begin or end your continental holiday.
Our closest town is Horsham, which is home to a wealth of architectural, historic and natural heritage. Other places of interest include the pretty towns of Steyning and Bramber.
At Arundel there is an impressive Castle and the Arundel Wetland Centre which has 26 hectares of naturalised landscapes holding many hundreds of exotic wildfowl from around the world, some of which are so tame that they will feed straight from the hand..
Chichester is an old market town with a spectacular Cathedral, and Petworth has the National Trust Property of Petworth House and an abundance of antique shops. Brighton is within 30 minutes, where you can visit the Brighton Pavillion, the Marina, shop in The Lanes, walk the promenade or just sit on the beach and eat an ice cream.
For active families
For those who prefer a more active holiday, Southwater Country Park is within 5 miles, where you can enjoy a number of outdoor activities including: swimming in the lake, canoeing, sailing, windsurfing, fishing and cycling. Why not join up to the South Downs Link Cycle Route which is within 10 minutes of the Honeybridge Park. There are also several excellent leisure centres at Steyning, Southwater, Horsham and Henfield & swimming pools at The Pavilions In The Park and The Triangle.
For walking, there is a wood adjacent to the park, and many footpaths and bridleways criss cross the area. The Steyning District Community have mapped four self-guided walks to take in the best of the local countryside and heritage. The South Downs Way passes only 6 miles from the park, and offers 160 km of walking and cycling along the chalk ridges and old droveways of the Downs.
To entertain the kids, there is an indoor games room with ping pong and a pool table. Nearby, both Fishers Farm Park offer a mix of farm animals and adventure play. There are beaches all along the South Coast from Bognor Regis to Brighton, as well as the Brighton Pier and Sea Life Centre. Chessington World of Adventures is close enough to allow all the family to enjoy a fun packed day out without a long drive home.
- For horse lovers there is horse racing at Fontwell, Lingfield, Brighton and Goodwood, as well as show jumping at Hickstead. Horse riding is available at the Sussex Equestrian Centre (Ashington), and the Dragons Green Livery (Horsham)
- Classic cars are regularly put through their paces at the special meetings held at Goodwood Motor Racing Circuit
- If you enjoy golf then visit one of the 22 local courses including Pulborough, Copthorne,Cottesmore, Mannings Heath or Chichester
- Fishing is available locally at a variety of places, including Southwater Country Park (Southwater), Alderwood Ponds (Steyning), Furnace Lakes (Slinfold), Menards Carp Fishery (Mannings Heath) and Winton’s Fishery (Burgess Hill)
- There are some beautiful stately homes and gardens in the area, including Parham House and Garden, Petworth House, Arundel Castle, Nymans garden, and High Beeches Gardens
To find out more information about the local area please contact us. If you’re looking to hire a caravan at our Horsham Caravan Park, buy a holiday home or come for a touring or camping getaway, Honeybridge Park is ideal. Honeybridge Park is based in Dial Post in West Sussex, close to Worthing, Steyning and the South Downs.